Tuesday, March 2

New Cardio Playlist

So back in December, I had to reinstall the operating system on my Mac, which meant I had to do a complete wipe and reinstall. I thought I had everything backed up on my external harddrive. Well, I plugged in the HD and it started smoking. Not a good sign - it was fried. I lost almost everything, including all my music, which meant I had to recreate my running playlist. I took this as an opportunity to improve it. I did keep many of the original songs, but I've changed some out. This one is the 60 minute list.

Just to quickly explain - I do mine by the beats per minute (BPM). I start off low and gradually pick up until I peak at 160 BPM, then slowly come back down. I also include 2 dialogue clips from the movie Run Fat Boy Run. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I love Simon Pegg, but moreover, the movie just really inspires me. So the first clip is just for fun and the second one indicates the 10 min mark, so you can stretch if you so choose before getting into the higher BPM songs. The (#) indicates the BPM.

1. Dialogue Clip
2. Girls & Boys In Love by The Rumple Strips (95)
3. Single Ladies by Beyonce (98)
4. Story Problem by The Envy Corps (103)
5. Move Along by The All-American Rejects (113)
6. Dialogue Clip: Motivation
7. SexyBack by Justin Timberlake (120)
8. Get The Party Started by Pink (130)
9. According To You by Orianthi (132)
10. Viva La Vida by Coldplay (136)
11. Little Of Your Time by Maroon 5 (144)
12. Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis (152)
13. Everyday I Love You Less & Less by the Kaiser Chiefs (160)
14. I Like That by Air Traffic (160)
15. Perfect Day by Hoku (155)
16. The Magic Position by Patrick Wolf (133)
17. Keep on Running by Goldspot (131)
18. Clocks by Coldplay (129)
19. Everybody's Changing by Keane (96)
20. Sugar Water by Cibo Water - cool down

I tried it out today and it works pretty well. There are a couple of places where the song ends, but the track has a few extra seconds on it... I'm going to try to fix that. Also, there's one or two songs I'm not completely happy with, but they do work. If you'd like a copy of it, just send me your mailing address & I'll mail you a copy.

I'm working on a 90 minute version that will increase, then slack back off, then increase again. I'll let you know when it's ready.

No comments: